Monday, November 9, 2009

Blogging about having BP for 33 years

This is quite an undertaking! I tried this earlier and chickened out. I have a business and family and many friends quite unaware that I am bi-polar which is quite amazing really I suppose. I just haven't shared it. I didn't want them to think that any little change of mood meant I was about to go manic or depressed or somewhere in between or seem in anyway abnormal I guess. The funny thing is I have a rather nice disposition and am not inclined to swift changes in mood, I just happen to be bi-polar. Which is serious and not to be taken lightly I don't mean to imply that. So many people who have it have terrible problems partly from not taking their medications, I have read and heard. They enjoy the manic highs and don't like to be medicated out of them. I personally hate to be out of control in any way and have always, always taken my meds. So you might think my story is rather boring. No way. This is a frightening and difficult disorder to live with for the person who has it and for the people (like my darling husband) who care for them and love them. There are bumps in the road, most assuredly. I am writing about this in a blog to go somewhat public, not using my business name so I don't google with the rest of me :). I'm going public because I do want to open the discussion and try to dispel the stigmas as much as I possibly can without writing a book about it because I love to blog more that write in a solitary way. I have been trying to write a book for months now and haven't gotten far but I can blog. So let's see where a discussion of this illness/disorder takes us and please feel free to ask questions. I'm not going anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment