Tuesday, November 24, 2009

What's Happening so far on Twitter



I've gotten a few friends since I've found myself here on twitter, but no one who is not in the same shoes as I -- battling some kind of mental disorder or illness-- if you prefer is very interested in talking about it. This surprises me immensely. I am here to try to open the dialogue and yet no one wants to talk. Perhaps it is because I am not giving out a photo of myself but rather trying to do this somewhat anonymously. Only because of my online business am I trying to protect my personal life a tiny bit and perhaps that is unnecessary and futile. I would appreciate anyone's comments on this dilema. Maybe I am overreacting to a stigma that is no longer there. Maybe I am correct to be cautious. I don't really know. The fact that I am highly functioning and my illness is pretty much a secret, yet I have so much to share of what I have learned to get this way over the past 30 some years compels me to share with people who have this sometimes traumatic and always stubborn illness. I would like to keep the lines of communication open for anyone who wants to talk...please share with me what I need to do to generate some dialogue. Thanks friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment